Nyaya Health Nepal is seeking Nepali MBBS-trained Staff Physicians for our Hospital hub, our full-service community hospital located in Chaurpati, Achham, Chaurmandu.
Nyaya Health Nepal, a Nepal-based NGO, improves healthcare for underserved communities in Nepal, in partnership with the Ministry of Health.
Our over 370 staff serves a catchment area of over 200,000 people per year. Our integrated healthcare approach involves two teaching hospitals, a professionalized community health worker network, and strategic use of data and technology to connect patient records from hospital to home.
With Possible, our US-based nonprofit partner, we translate research and evidence into scalable solutions that advance universal health coverage and sustainable development goals.
The opportunity: Are you the right fit?
Staff Physicians will be responsible for supporting all clinical services (inpatient, outpatient, and emergency care), furthering data-driven protocol development, facilitating linkages between our clinical and community health programs, and enhancing the capacity of nearby health facilities through community outreach programs for up to 20% of the time.
If you are MBBS-trained, an excellent team player, entrepreneurial and self-starting, have great management skills, take ownership of the job, and thrive in challenging environments, you are the best fit for the position. Nyaya Health Nepal welcomes you to apply for this opportunity to be part of an organization impacting hundreds of thousands of lives in rural Nepal.
Most importantly, your orientation toward the work should match well with our operating values, captured by our For-Impact Culture Code.
- Clinical ability to manage common emergency conditions like acute abdomen, poisoning, trauma, and chronic diseases.
- Passion for holistic management of each and every patient
- Ability to work effectively in a team for the patient’s care
- Knowledge and experience practicing evidence-based medicine
- Passion for both learning and teaching, particularly of mid-level providers
- Active NMC license and no present government bond or other legal commitments
Reports To: Hospital Manager
Direct Report: HA, CMA, ANM
Areas of Responsibility:
The Big 3 Responsibilities of the Staff Physician are:
- Providing dignified, compassionate, evidence-based care to all patients.
- Training and educating non-physician staff in best practices, up-to-date evidence, and advanced care techniques.
- Leading and participating in organization-wide quality improvement initiatives.
The details of these Big 3 Responsibilities are as follows:
Providing dignified, compassionate, evidence-based care to all patients.
- Provide evidence-based medical treatment of primary care and acute care illnesses;
- Perform basic orthopedic and surgical procedures;
- Supervise routine antenatal care, family planning, and abortion services;
- Provide basic emergency obstetric care;
- Manage childhood illnesses including malnutrition;
- Perform ultrasound exams for evaluation of acute medical and surgical diseases;
- Work as much as is dictated by patient volume and available staff, including after hours for emergency cases;
- Rigorously document all medical services provided;
- Participate in public health and clinical programs designed by Possible.
Training and educating non-physician staff in best practices, up-to-date evidence, and advanced care techniques.
- Conduct training and lectures with the non-physician providers;
- Teach clinical staff new practices in evidence-based medicine;
- Perform bedside teaching with other providers.
Leading and participating in organization-wide quality improvement initiatives.
- Participate in the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Open School lecture series;
- Lead and participate in mortality and morbidity conferences;
- Participate actively in data review conferences;
- Lead and engage in continuous quality improvement initiatives;
- Lead and participate in hospital standard operating procedures, formulary, and strategy development.
Location: Achham Hospital and PHC hubs
Please click "Apply for this Job",
follow the prompts, and supply all required information. Include a portfolio of your work which includes your resume, CV, or LinkedIn profile (preferred). We are being purposefully vague in our explanation here. Please send us whatever format (or combination of formats) best exemplifies your work that can be reviewed in less than 10 minutes.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
What happens after submission?
If you are shortlisted, your application will be advanced and you will be contacted for next steps.